Elegance is the only beauty that never fades.
~ Audrey Hepburn
Audrey Hepburn is an inspiration that never fades. With her classic and elegant looks is she one of the greatest fashion-icons our world has ever known. Here are some of the classical elements and rules we still use:
- The midi skirt, this one is classy and very feminine. A must-have in every (young) woman’s closet.
- The striped t-shirt, how often did she wear these? Audrey showed that you can still be feminine when you’re wearing a striped shirt with short hair, a.k.a. the tomboy look
- The turtle neck, a jumper that looks good with almost everything and one of my favourite fashion items.
- The ballet flats. These shoes are cute and very feminine. Perfect if you’re tired of wearing heels all day.
- The white blouse. This works with so many outfit and you can do so much with it. Combine it with a nice skirt or jeans add some heels and you’re done.
- A belt cinched in the middle of a dress creates a lovely shape. Hepburn amped up her plaid dress with a tight belt which helps to make an hourglass figure.
- Collared shirts never go out of style. You need to add some colour to your outfit.
- Fun, bold prints. Prints are a must have if you don’t want your outfit to be boring.
- Sunglasses work with literally any outfit — even formal ones. And they look fabulous with every outfit.
- Take a fashion risk, and wear that unique item. Hepburn always did her own thing and wasn’t scared to take some risks.
What do you think of Audrey Hepburn’s style?
Kiki~Jane & Lily~Rose