One thing we love to do throughout the year is baking. This summer we’ve tried a lot of new recipes and made up some of our own. Here is our small selection of recipes of sweets we think are perfect for the end of the summer.
Healthy raw chocolate truffles
While the title says that they are chocolate, these delicious snacks are actually sugar & dairy free and you can eat them without a worry. They are actually good for you. They are very easy to make and you only need 6 ingredients.
- 125g dates
- 30g unsalted cashew nuts
- 30g unsalted wallnuts
- 25g coconut rasp
- 50g cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 25 ml of water
- Put the dates, cashew nuts and walnuts in a bowl and mix them together.
- Add the cocoa powder and the water
- Make a big ball from the dough
- spread the coconut rasp on the plate
- make little balls out of your dough and roll them in the coconut rasp. After you’ve done this put them on plate sprinkle some coconut rasp above them and they are done.
SIDE NOTE: if you do not have a proper machine to mix all the ingredients, cut all the ingredients in little pieces and mix them together with your hands. It takes a bit longer, but, works the same.
Chocolate chip cookies
These cookies are very easy to make and absolutely delicious. We prefer to make them really thin, so that they are extra crispy.
- 225g butter
- 350g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/5 pack of vanilla sugar
- 400g flower
- 1 pack baking powder
- 225g pure chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Mix the butter and the sugar in a bowl to a pale but creamy mass. Add the eggs one by one.
- Add the flour and the baking powder to your dough.
- Cut the chocolate into little pieces and add them to your dough.
- Make little ball of the dough and form the balls into little rounds.
- Put them in the oven and bake them in 20 minutes until the edges are golden brown. We also turn them over to make sure both sides of the cookies are crispy.
Sunny lemon cheesecake
We love cheesecakes and this summer we wanted to try out one with a summery taste. We found this recipe online at taste.com.au and ever since, we’ve made it many, many times. It’s delicious!
- 200g plain biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 500g Coles spreadable cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest, plus extra to serve
- 2 Coles free range eggs
- Whipped cream, to serve
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 40g butter, chopped, softened
- 2 Coles free range egg yolks, lightly whisked
We hope you like them as much as we do!
Kiki~Jane & Lily~Rose