We love Autumn and we love snacks. What do you get when you combine them? AUTUMNAL SNACKS!! We absolutely love, love, love Autumn related snacks. Here are our three favourites plus their recipes.
It is not a secret that we absolutely love oatmeal. We can eat at any time of the day without feeling guilty because it is actually healthy. Also it suuuuper easy to make. Here is our favourite oatmeal recipe.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup coconut milk (or any other you prefer)
- 1/2 apple
- some raisins
- some walnuts
- some cinnamon
- Put the oats and milk in a pan and stir it for about 5-10 minutes until your oats are the way you want them.
- While your oats are on the stove, slice your apple into little pieces and mix it in a bowl with the cinnamon, raisins and walnuts.
- add your oats to your apple pieces, mix it together and bon appetit!
Apple pie (any kind)
We feel that apple pie is something typical for the Autumn. What we adore about apple pie is that it is absolutely delicious and it is super easy and fun to make yourself. Now we have an apple tree in our garden which means that we can use our own apples for it which makes it even more special.
- 5 apples
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon
- 175 gr mixed unsalted nuts
- 5 tablespoons raisins
- 225 gr flour
- 50 gr sugar
- 1 egg
- 100 gr butter (little pieces)
- 1 tablespoon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Put the flour, white sugar, egg, pieces of butter in a bowl and mix and knead it into a ball. Cover it and let it rest for half an hour in the fridge.
- Slice the apples in little pieces
- Mix the apples, the nuts, raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Get your dough out of the fridge and spread it on a bloomed cutting board.
- Cover your spring shape with your dough.
- Divide your apple mixture over your dough.
- Put the apple pie in the oven and bake it for approximately 60 minutes.
We basically love anything with cinnamon and these cinnamon rolls are super easy and delicious to make!
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 3 1/4 cup flour
- 1 package instant yeast
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees
- Heat the milk in a small pan until it bubbles, then remove the milk from the heat. add the butter and stir until it’s melted.
- Mix 2 1/4 cup flour, the yeast, the sugar and the salt in a large bowl. Add your water, egg and the milk mixture and mix it. Add the remaining flour until you got a good mixture. knead your dough until it is smooth for approximately 5 minutes
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix in small bowl the brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins and melted butter.
- Roll out the dough into a 12×9 inch rectangle. Spread the dough with the butter/sugar mixture. Roll up the dough. Cut it into 12 equal size rolls. Cover it up and let it rise for 30 minutes until its double size. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until browned.
These were our three favourite Autumnal snacks. To be honest, our list is much longer, however, these are the ones we find most easy to make. So, we’d say take an afternoon off and fill it with baking and drinking hot cocoa.
What is your favourite Autumn snack?
Kiki~Jane & Lily~Rose