First we’ll make snow angels for two hours, then we’ll go ice skating, then we’ll eat a whole roll of tollhouse cookie dough as fast as we can and then we’ll snuggle.
One of our favourite things to do during this festive time is baking. We love to bake all kinds of treats, but, we love to bake cookies the most. Here is our favourite Christmas cookies recipe.
For the dough
300 gr Flour
175 gr sugar
8 gr vanilla sugar
250 gr butter
For the icing
200 gr powdered sugar or icing sugar
5 tablespoons of water
1. Add the flour, sugar and vanilla sugar to a bowl and mix it. Cut the butter into cubes and put them in the bowl. Split the egg and add the egg yolk to your mixture. Knead the mass quickly until it is a cohesive dough. Form your mixture into a ball and place it wrapped in foil in the refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 175 ° C.
3. Take your dough out of your refrigerator and roll it out with a rolling pin to a 5 mm thick layer. Cut your dough into different kind of shapes with some (Christmas) cookie cutters. Place the cookies in the oven and bake them for 15-20 minutes until they are light brown.
4. Take your cookies out of the oven and let them cool for 30 minutes.
5. Mix the powdered/icing sugar with your water until you’ve got a proper glaze. Put the glaze on top of the cookies let it dry up. After that, enjoy your delicious Christmas Cookies!
SIDE NOTE: you can always add some extra decorations on your cookies such as sprinkles and m&m’s. You can also make a hole in the middle of your cookies and put them on a ribbon. This way you can hang them in your Christmas tree.
We absolutely love making these cookies every year and we hope you will enjoy them too. They’re easy, fun and delicious!
What is your favourite Christmas recipe?
Kiki~Jane & Lily~Rose